Friday, March 26, 2010

2 Month Check-up


Let me start off by letting you all know that my plan worked! Lilly slept until 6:40am. This really helped me with getting Makayla to school on time. I'm not someone who likes to be late, but the past few weeks I've gotten really lax on getting her to school on time. Unless one of my kids is up and jumping on me or crying for some reason, I seem to keep hitting snooze on my alarm. The time change didn't help much either!

So, today was the big day! Lilly weighed in at 10 lb 6 oz (50%),measured 24 in. long (90%) and her head measured 38 1/2 cm (50%). Here she is happy and waiting patiently for the doctor.

This is after the doctor poked and prodded her, shined lights in her eyes, stuck things in her ears and listened to her heart/lungs with the cold stethoscope.

After the doctor left it was time for the not-so-fun part of our visit. She was given an oral vaccination and a shot in each thigh for a grand total of 5 vaccinations. After holding her breath for what seemed like a minute and turning VERY red in the face, she calmed down and I got her dressed.

Although I felt terribly guilty holding my baby's hands down while they gave her the shots, I managed to keep myself together and not cry. This is a wonderful improvement from Makayla's 2 months shots!

She did really great at the doctors office and even though it was almost time to eat, she fell asleep on the way to Kroger. The doctor recommended giving her Tylenol to help with pain and possible fever.



No comments:

Post a Comment