Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Makayla!


Somehow I only managed to get video of Makayla opening presents on her birthday. It's hard to believe she's 5 years old. This birthday crept up on me way too quickly. Next thing I know she'll be starting Kindergarten in August. Wow!

Makayla had a GREAT birthday! She celebrated yesterday with her class by taking pink Hello Kitty cupcakes, since they were gone all day today on a field trip to the Interactive Kids Neighborhood, they wouldn't have had a chance to celebrate. After school she had her second swim lesson. She did much better (no tears) this time and made friends with one of the other little girls. Lets hope the progress continues.

Once we were home from swim lessons and showered, Makayla got to open her presents. Josh and I knew that she would be getting a lot of toys from her friends at her party this weekend, so we kept it simple. She's big into games right now and they're something we can all do together.



A few days ago, I asked Makayla what she wanted for dinner on her birthday and she asked for chocolate chip pancakes. Go figure...the girl wants chocolate! Right now I'll take anything easy, and breakfast for dinner is super easy (plus, it's a favorite in our house!).

I didn't make a cake because daddy had promised her Dairy Queen. After a trip with daddy to DQ, she came home with a Thin Mint Cookie Blizzard and proceeded to devour it in 20 minutes tops. She left me a whopping 2 bites!

Happy Birthday big girl, we all love you very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment