Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten


Today is a BIG day...Layla started Kindergarten! Wow! She was so excited to finally be able to wear the dress that Nonny bought her 3 weeks ago and of course she had to wear her cowboy boots! Today I decided to walk her into class (although they don't recommend it for fear of tears when the parent leaves) because I wasn't going to miss a picture opportunity like this! I'm so glad I did! She was so excited when she walked into class and her friend Morgan was there. They knew each other at the daycare I taught at when we first moved her 2 years ago. How fun to know someone in your class on the first day!

So what did I pack her for lunch today? By request..."lunchables". Basically it's crackers, lunch meat and cheese that she gets to make her own mini sandwiches out of. She also had strawberries and oreos.

I can't wait to pick her up and hear all about her first day!



(Hanging up her backpack..."Mommy it's too fat!")

(Morgan and Makayla
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment